Recommended mindfulness resources
Face to face - 8 week Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) courses:
Online - www.bemindfulonline.co.uk
With accompanying CD / link to audio practices:
- “Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world” - Prof Mark Williams and Dr Danny Penman
- “Full Catastrophe Living” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “The Mindful Manifesto: doing less and noticing more” - Jonty Heaversedge & Ed Halliwell
- “Peace is every step – the path of mindfulness in everyday life” – Thich Nhat Hahn
- “Mindful Parenting” - Kristen Race.
- “Planting Seeds: Practicing Mindfulness With Children” - Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 'Frantic World' – free audio practice downloads
- 'Mindfulness in Schools Project'
- 'Meditation in schools - MindSpace'
Smartphone app: Headspace - Take 10: free 10 minute daily meditations for first 10 days. Via App Store or website - Headspace
Videos and TED Talks:
“Mindfulness – BBC Breakfast”:
Andy Puddicombe – “10 mindful minutes”:
Dr Joe Dispenza - “3 Brains – Thinking, Doing, Being”:
Sara Lazar - “How meditation changes the shape of our brain”: